Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hamburger Helper

You know, I really do think that Hamburger Helper helps your hamburger make a great meal. I'm a huge fan of virtually all Betty Crocker products, including Hamburger Helper, and in fact, I've been eating Cheeseburger Macaroni for as long as I can remember. And frankly it's just as tasty now as it was then.

My wife made the Hamburger Helper cheese ravioli version today, and I liked it a lot too. We have some fresh grated parmesan cheese that we added to it that really set it off. My daughters, who are almost 3, also like the stuff.

My wife and I were talking about different ways of making Hamburger Helper healthier too. I think if you use ground round and rinse the meat with hot water after cooking, you'll eliminate an enormous amount of fat from your diet. And in the recipes that call or milk in the sauce mix, you can eliminate more fat by using skim milk.

If you're a real health nut, you can use ground white meat turkey breast instead of hamburger. A lot of times the Hamburger Helper sauce mix will color the meat for you, and you'll never know the difference.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?